- We offer quality, safe, and productive Masonry work
- In order to remain the best hands in the business, we must perform to the highest standard while maintaining the safest and most productive craftworkers available in the industry
- No doubt that is a tall order but this is our challenge, our commitment, and what we do best. We train union masons
- With instructors certified by the International Masonry Institute and qualified by OSHA, Red Cross and MSHA, we are training to the best work practices while addressing the safety training requirements of our contractors on a job-by-job basis
- Our priority remains that we never cut corners on quality or safety while maintaining high production levels to retain our contractors' competitive edge
- Our Apprenticeship program is a Federal registered program
- Financially stable and effective health and retirement funds offered to our union members
- Human Resource department
- Ability to manage workforce size
What Can BAC Offer Your Company
Expanding your Economic Opportunities, Tools, and Resources.
In recognition of the business expansion challenges our current and prospective signatories face, the Compliance Office engages in consistent efforts to stay abreast of business expansion opportunities available to contractors in the DC metro area. Whether Maryland, Washington, DC or Virginia, there are opportunities available to expand your business.
WASHINGTON, DC – There are six programs offered by the following offices: Department of Employment Services, DC Works, and District Department of Transportation. All programs are construction-industry focused. Providing ample funds, credits, and apprenticeship programs for employees and workers, these programs will give your company a competitive edge.
MARYLAND – There are four programs offered by the Maryland Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation. Benefits comprise tax-credits, apprenticeship programs for your workers. The programs also provide business certification opportunities, providing your company with exclusivity in government contracting opportunities for public works.
VIRGINIA – With more than seven programs combined, the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry and the Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity have a strong focus in aiding the development and expansion of small businesses. The programs provide grants, tax-credits, and certifications.
If you are interested in becoming a signatory contractor, please contact (240) 695-9463 and ask for President Scott Garvin.
We work with BAC Local 1 for the flexibility and the training they offer. We are a specialty contractor working in a vast geographic area, and the union gives us the ability to supplement our core crews with talented and highly trained craftworkers.
As a preservation contractor we are always learning: learning new techniques, new products and bringing up new teammates. We perform on unique projects and therefore run across the need for a range of interesting solutions. IMI has been a great partner of ours over the years. They have made special site visits to train our crews on the job with instructors of the highest level.
It takes a true leader to be able to bring together such a skilled group—the members you have provided have delivered stellar workmanship and strong work ethic that enables us to complete our projects in a timely manner. It is our strong desire to continue to utilize your business, both, in short and long term projects in the future.
I am a second generation union masonry contractor. The first generation, George Strunge started Banner Masonry in 1968. The union has always been a part of our family’s life. George always believed that the men and women that worked with Banner in the field should have the same fringe benefits that he had while he was working.
Working with the union gave us the ability to provide health and pension to hundreds and hundreds of employees over the past 50 years. Working together with the union has not only strengthened our company, but our community as well.
I have been a signatory contractor for 25 years, and a trustee for the funds for over 30.
Our firm’s reputation is built on superb quality, and our stone masons, tile setters, caulkers, welders, and finishers, who are members of the BAC, are great contributors to our overall team effort to provide the finest workmanship available in the USA.
Our firm employs workers from MVD BAC Local 1 for every project we’ve done, are doing and will do in Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. (“MVD”) because the workers associated with MVD BAC Local 1 are well trained and produce quality work. In my view the workers from MVD BAC Local 1 are a reflection of the mission and leadership of this Union.